- Win Spa Products!
Spa Services: The State of Massage
Check out the latest statistics and facts on the state of massage therapy.
Calling upon U.S. government statistics, clinical studies, and surveys of consumers and therapists, the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) has compiled a wealth of useful and comprehensive information regarding the state of the massage therapy industry. Here are just a few of the facts the Association has gathered:
- • There are an estimated 280,000 to 320,000 massage therapists and massage school students in the U.S.
- • The U.S. Department of Labor has estimated that employment for massage therapists will increase by 20% from 2010 to 2020.
- • About 85% of massage therapists are female.
- • 41% of massage therapists are under the age of 35.
- • Between July 2011 and July 2012, about 34.5 million adult Americans experienced at least one massage.
For more information, visit amtamassage.org.